Federico and John are joined by musician and songwriter Frank Turner to talk about getting started, the transition from post-hardcore band Million Dead to an acoustic solo career, songwriting, the music industry, evolving your work and staying relevant, being productive on tour, the advantages and pitfalls of social media, and fans.
Season 1 - Episode 4 – Jun 18, 2019
I Won’t Sit Down: Songwriting with Frank Turner (Part 1)
Guest Frank Turner frank-turner.com
Frank Turner is a London-based musician and songwriter who began his career as the lead singer of post-hardcore band Million Dead. In 2005, Turner began an acoustic guitar-based solo career. In 2018, Turner released his seventh album, Be More Kind, and in 2019, a book about songwriting titled Try This at Home.
This episode is sponsored by:
- Luna Display – Turn your iPad into a second display
- The Clock – The Best World Clock on the Mac and on iOS. Enter to win one of 20 free copies of the iOS and Mac versions of The Clock.
Links and Show Notes
- Frank Turner
- Latest Album: Be More Kind
- Apple Music Artist Page
- Playlist Created by John Voorhees for Dialog Listeners
- Social Media
- Other Artists Mentioned in Episode:
- Photo Credits for Episode Chapter Art:
- ‘Early Career’ – Lisa Marie Gee
- ‘Touring and Writing’ – Frank Turner’s Instagram
- ‘Writing a Social/Political Album’ – Nicole C. Kibert
- ‘Relationship with Fans’ – Frank Turner’s Instagram
- ‘Influences on the Songwriting Process’ – Henry W. Laurisch via Wikipedia