This week Federico and John conclude their conversation with musician and songwriter Frank Turner with a discussion of the democratization of the creation, access, and distribution of music and other media, the role of hard work and luck, the songwriting process, when to listen to feedback and from whom, editing your work, the role of technology in songwriting, and the state of albums today.
Frank Turner is a London-based musician and songwriter who began his career as the lead singer of post-hardcore band Million Dead. In 2005, Turner began an acoustic guitar-based solo career. In 2018, Turner released his seventh album, Be More Kind, and in 2019, a book about songwriting titled Try This at Home.
This episode is sponsored by:
- Luna Display – Turn your iPad into a Second Display
- WaterMinder – Award-winning water intake tracker
Links and Show Notes
- Frank Turner
- Other Artists Mentioned in Episode:
- Photo Credits for Episode Chapter Art:
- ‘Getting Feedback’ and following chapters – Lotte Schrander