This week Federico and John conclude their conversation with video game narrative designer and novelist Carrie Patel. In this installment, we cover where Patel finds inspiration, planning a novel, her writing process, the benefits of having a publisher, balancing writing and a full-time job, and more.
Carrie Patel is a Senior Narrative Designer at Obsidian Entertainment who has worked on games Pillars of Eternity, its sequel, and the upcoming highly-anticipated The Outer Worlds. Patel is also the author of the Recoletta series of Science Fantasy novels featuring Inspector Liesl Malone and set in an underground city.
This episode is sponsored by:
- Astropad Studio – Turn your iPad into a professional graphics tablet. Get started today with a 30-day free trial.
- HealthView – A dashboard for Apple Health.
Links and Show Notes
- Carrie Patel
- Narrative Design Work at Obsidian Entertainment
- Author of the Recoletta trilogy published by Angry Robot:
- Recoleta Cemetery, Buenos Aires, Argentina, the setting that inspired the Recolatta trilogy:
- Social Media